Digicel Chat is fun and simple to use. It is based on the same principles of Internet multi-user chat, which millions of people today use online. Users may join existing chat rooms or create new chat rooms, create nicknames for themselves and chat anonymously with other chatters.
Chat is a pay-as-you-use service. You are charged for each text message you send to the room (see pricing section for charges). You can ‘chat’ with up to 30 other people for the price of one text message.
Simply send a text message with the keyword “HELP” to CHAT (2428) and start chatting with your friends.
Keywords used are:
To join a Chatroom
To change your Nickname
List members in room
Find a specific user
Create Chat room
To get a list chat rooms
To get a list of keywords
Exit the service
Digicel Wap Chat
Digicel Wap Chat provides a new twist on the regular Digi Chat service.
While DigiChat allows users to chat with each other in chat rooms via text messages, Wap Chat offers the same facility via Digicel Live Wap site. Users can log onto the Digicel Live portal from their GPRS/Wap capable handsets and start chatting with other Wap Chat users and with existing Digi Chat users.
In essence it provides the best of both worlds.
This service, similar to Digi Chat, closely resembles online (Internet based) chat rooms and allows users the ability to view a list of existing rooms, create chat rooms, and view a list of users within chatrooms.
Wap Chat is a subscription based service where users are charged TT$12 for unlimited sending of chat messages for a period of one (1) week.
Standard Wap browsing charges apply.
HOW TO USE:
- You must have a GPRS/WAP enabled handset with the proper Wap configuration settings
- Log onto the Digicel Live Portal on your handset – http://portal.digiceltt.com
- Select the Communities link and then the DigiChat option
- Select the BUY link
- Once you have enough credit, TT$12 would be deducted from your account
- The WapCHAT service will reply with a confirmation message confirming your subscription for 7 days
- Select a chat room and start chatting
- Messages would be delivered to (and from) both Wap and Digi Chat users in the chat room in which it is sent.
The Wap Chat service is available for all Pre and Post paid subscribers with a GPRS/Wap enabled handset (with the proper Wap configuration settings).
If you have a Wap capable handset and would like to receive the Wap settings, send a text message with the word WAP to the number 4000.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is digiCHAT?
- digiCHAT is a product offered by Digicel that issimilar to an Internet chat room, that is accessible on your handset via SMS messages.
- Customers do not need to be subscribed to a dataplan in order to utilize this service.
How can customers join digiCHAT?
- Customers can simply text the word JOIN and the keyword of the room that they wish to enter to 2428 (CHAT).
To view a list of available chat rooms text LIST to 2428 (CHAT)
- Customers must leave a space between the word JOIN and the chat room they wish to enter.
- Once the customer has entered a chat room successfully, he/she will receive a message indicating:
- The name of the chat room they’ve entered
- Number of users within that chat room
- A note stating that Digicel is not responsible or liable for contents contained in the chat room.
Will a customer’s mobile number be displayed when they use the digiCHATservice?
- No, a customer’s number will not be displayed even if their number is set to “public display”
- On using digiCHAT for the first time, a customer will be notified of their nickname,
- Customers are free to change their nickname at any time.
- To change a nickname text NICK NEW NAME to 2428 (CHAT) e.g. NICK Trini2dbone
Can all Digicel handsets be used to access this service?
- Yes. Customers can access this service from any handset.
How will a customer be charged for this service?
- The cost per message that is sent on the digiCHAT service is 45 cents.
- There is no cost to receive DigiChat Messages
Can customers create their own chat room?
- Yes customers can create their own chat rooms. To create your own chat room text CREATE CHATROOMNAME to 2428 (CHAT) eg. CREATE
How many rooms can a customer be in at once?
- Customers can enter ONLY one room at a time
How many users can be in (1) one chat room?
- One chat room can contain up to 75 users.
- Even if 75+ users are in a chat room, customers will be able to re-enter a chat room, once they had previously joined that chatroom during the same day.
- Persons attempting to join that chat room for the first time will not be allowed to join, if 75 users are in a chat room.
Can a customer be blocked from entering a chat room?
- Yes, if expletives or “curse words” are used ina chat room, then the user can be banned from re-entering.
Do customers have to create a new nickname each time they use the service?
- No, once a nickname has been created the nickname will remain until the customer choses to change their nickname.
- An ID number and a nickname will be assigned to the customer if he/she does not select one of his/her own.
After the session, will the chat room created by the customer be deleted?
- No, chat rooms will not be deleted.
- This service utilizes your phone SMS messaging system. Messages sent and received will be stored in your SMS messaging history in your phone’s memory. These can be deleted by you, the user of the device, at any time.
Can a customer chat with someone privately in the chat room that they are in?
- No. The service only allows for public chatting. Any customer can join any chat at any time, unless it is has the maximum number of persons. All chats, either joined or created by you, the user, are to be considered public domain.
How can a customer exit a chat room?
- To exit a chat room the customer should text theword EXIT to 2428.
- If the customer is unable to exit using this method they can call into customer care and an agent will assist.
Can a customer chat with b-mobile customer?
- No. This product is only available to Digicel customers.
CONDITIONS FOR USE:
- Customers must be 18 years and over to participate in digiCHAT.
- Customers will show respect and courtesy at all times to other users.
- Customers agree that they will use digiCHAT at their own risk and that Digicel, its owners and employees, are not responsible for any of the material posted in any of the chat rooms
- Posting any personal information such as emailaddress, home address, phone number, etc. is at the customer’s sole discretion and Digicel will not be held responsible if disseminated outside of the chat rooms.
- Customers agree that Digicel will remove any material it chooses entirely at its discretion and without prior consent of the author.
- Any posting or chat text only gives the views of the author of the posting and does not necessarily reflect the views of Digicel, its owners, employees, or affiliates and therefore the customer agrees that Digicel cannot and will not be held responsible for the contents, accuracy or validity of the postings in any manner whatsoever.
- Customers may not post any content that is abusive, vulgar, obscene, hateful, demeaning, fraudulent, threatening, harassing, defamatory, or discusses any private or personal matters concerning any person.
- Customers may not use the chat rooms to post any information that is or is likely to be, discriminatory, hateful, false,inaccurate, threatening, defamatory, abusive, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, harassing, profane, sexually oriented, invasive of aperson's privacy, liable to incite racial hatred, menacing, scandalous,inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience or otherwise be a breach of the law.
- At its sole discretion, Digicel reserves the right to cancel a customer’s right to use any of the chat rooms.
- The responsibility for a customer’s postings and chats rests solely with the customer and the customer shall indemnify Digicel in respect of any costs, expenses, losses, damages or claims made as result of any claim based upon any post or chat made by the customer or persons authorized and associated with their use of the digiCHAT service.
- Digicel will have no liability related to thecontent of any communications, whether or not arising under the laws ofcopyright, trademarks, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Subject to the above, standard Prepaid andPostpaid terms and conditions apply.
- To the extent permitted by law, Digicel reservesthe right to amend, terminate or unilaterally change any of the above terms andconditions subject to notifying customers of such amendments or termination.Such notification may be by way of text message, advertisement in the nationalmedia and/or our website. If the Service under the usual terms and conditions isused after notice of the amendment, then the amendment shall be deemedaccepted.