What is Caller Tunes?
This is a service that personalizes the audio that callers hear before a call is answered-replacing the traditional ‘ring-ring” music tunes.
2. How does Caller Tunes work?
· When you receive a call, the network determines that you have a CALLER TUNE scheduled and this will be heard by your friend until you answer the call or the call is diverted to voicemail.
3. Are Caller Tunes different from Ringtones?
· Yes, Caller Tunes are different from Ringtones. A Ringtone is what you hear from your phone when someone calls you. A Caller Tune is what your caller hears when they call your phone.
4. Is the phone model important when the Caller Tune is activated?
· No, the Caller Tunes service is a network function and is not dependent on the phone model.
5. What are the specific features of the service?
The Caller tunes service allows you set your choice of musical tunes from a list of various categories. The Caller Tunes service also gives users the option to:
ü Create Friends and Groups
ü Set Caller Tunes by Time-Date, individual phone numbers or occasions
ü Create Albums
ü Send Caller Tunes to Friends (Gift Tunes)
6. What does it cost to access this service?
All prices are Vat exclusive.
Charge (VAT Ex.)
Cost per tune
IVR (per min)
Web on PC only
Regular browsing rates will apply if the customer is web browsing from handheld. Promotional 50% reduction in cost of tune, regular rate is $10.43 VAT ex.
7. How do I activate on my phone?
Caller Tunes can be activated through the following methods:
1. Through the IVR by dialing *888 and following the instructions.
2. Through WAP by logging on to the Digicel Live page and selecting the link
3. Through Website by logging on to the Digicel TT page and selecting the link
After successful subscription, your number is automatically configured on the network of the caller tunes service. Once this step is completed you will receive a confirmation via SMS that includes the password to log into the IVR or Website of caller tunes.
8. How do I know that the service has been activated successfully?
· Once activation is completed, you will receive a confirmation via SMS that includes the password to log into the IVR or Website of caller tunes.
9. Can I use this password on the WEB interface?
Yes, the password can be used either via your mobile phone by dialing *888 or via the link that you found on the website of Digicel.
N.B If the password is changed via the IVR it is not automatically changed on the Web. Subscribers will be required to change the password via the web. This works vice versa as well.
10. How can I purchase a Tune?
Tunes can be purchased through the use of any of the following access platforms (Web, WAP & IVR )
11. What types of Caller Tunes are available currently?
Currently there are several categories of tunes including Dancehall, Soca, Hip Hop & Rap and Dance among others. Customers can preview available tunes by using the IVR and Web interface.
12. What is the cost per Tune?
Each tune carries a cost of $5.21 (promotional price)
13. How do I pay for the chargeable features of this service?
As a postpaid subscriber, all charges will be applied to your bill. As a prepaid subscriber, you must have credit available on your phone as all charges will be deducted from your account upon purchase.
14. How many Tunes can I buy?
There is no limit to the amount of Tunes customer can purchase.
15. How long may I keep a caller tune?
A caller tune expires 3 months from the date and time of purchase.
16. Will my Caller Tune purchases expire?
Yes. Your will expire after 3 months.
17. What happens when it expires?
Customers will have the option to renew for another 3 months by simply repurchasing the caller tune within 30 days after expiration.
18. Am I charged each time a caller hears one of my selections?
No, you are charged when you select music and purchase it, but not for each call you receive.
19. What is an album ?
An album is a collection of the tunes you purchase. An album is automatically created upon purchase of your first Tune. You can create up to 10 different albums.
20. Will I be charged for attempting to purchase a tune that already exists in my album?
No, customers will not be charged for a caller tune that already exists in their album.
21. If I convert my prepaid account to post or vice versa, will I keep all my albums?
Yes. All settings will be stored during conversions.
22. What is a Caller Tune Gift?
The Caller tunes service allows customers to purchase tunes and send it to their friends as gifts.
23. Is there an additional cost for using this service?
The Customer will only pay to purchase the Caller tune at the standard rate of 11.99 per tune. However the use of the WAP and IVR service will incur a charge in addition to the tune per Kb loaded or seconds connected respectively. Please refer to table above reflecting costs
24. Will I still be charged for sending a Caller tune gift to a friend if it already exists in his or her album?
No. Customer will not be charged for attempting to send a Caller tune gift if the tune already exists in their friend’s album.
25. How can I unsubscribe from the service?
You can delete the subscription for the service through the IVR or any other access point by selecting the option to unsubscribe in the subscription menu
26. Can I still use my caller Tune if I unsubscribe from the service?
No, once you unsubscribe from the service all you have purchased will be deleted from the system.
27. Will my Profile be erased if I forgot to renew my subscription?
Yes after 1 month. Your Caller Tunes profile will be moved to the deactivate state and unsubscribed after 1 month if not renewed. Once the subscription fees are settled within the month your Caller Tunes settings will be restored. Caller Tunes profiles are erased after un-subscription from the service.
28. Will I be given a default tunes upon subscribing to the service?
29. To how many callers may I assign a single Caller tune?
Caller Tunes can be assigned at your own discretion. One Caller Tune can be assigned to one caller exclusively or to multiple subscribers if so desired.
30. How often may I change my Caller Tunes, Friends or both?
· You may add or change Caller tune and Friends as often as you wish. In addition, you may delete or edit your Friends information in addition to the Caller tune settings (days and times).
31. Will Caller Tunes work while I am roaming?
Yes. If someone calls you while you're roaming they will hear the caller tune you’ve assigned to them.
32. Can I use the normal ringing tone during work hours?
Yes, the Date-Time functionality can be used to specify a unique Caller Tune to be played during a specific time period. The default Caller tune will be played during all other times.
33. Can I choose what my default Ring tone is set as?
Yes. You can choose any fun Caller tune as the default for all callers.
34. Can I preview the Caller Tunes free of charge?
Yes. You can preview Caller Tunes free of charge on the website only.
35. What is the URL for the website?
Customers can gain access to the caller tunes webpage via to Digicel website (www.digiceltt.com)
36. What will happen to my Caller Tunes if I change my mobile number?
The Caller Tune service is linked to the old mobile number and is not transferable to the new one.
37. How do I manage my Caller Tunes?
Caller Tunes settings can be managed from any of the customer access points including the website, IVR or WAP site.
38. Will I be notified when new Caller Tunes are added to the service?
Yes. This may be via a balance enquiry message or text message from Digicel to your phone.