What is 4G?
· Short for "fourth generation," 4G is the next generation of wireless communications succeeding the 2G (GSM), 2.5G (GPRS or EDGE) and the 3G network technologies. Digicel’s 4G network is now the fastest, most advanced cellular network in T&T.
· Our 4G network is designed to provide instant and easy access to the internet via your phone, tablet or computer. On average users will experience speeds of 2Mbps. Actual speeds will vary depending on several factors including network traffic, device type and location.
What can I do with 4G?
· With the power of Digicel’s 4G network and a 4G capable smartphone, everything is faster and your phone can do so much more…
- Faster web browsing
- Faster downloads (documents, photos, apps, music etc)
- Faster photo & Video Uploads
- Stream videos and music
- Send and receive e-mails with large attachments faster
- Video chat with friends & family
- And so much more!
What makes Digicel’s 4G network different?
· It is the FIRST and ONLY network in T&T that allows you to access the internet at 4G speeds directly from your phone
· No need for a Mobile Hotspot to access 4G speeds
· With Digicel 4G, your internet is now mobile. That’s right, it gives you the freedom to take your internet connection with you wherever you go within our network coverage area.
· The best 4G coverage available in T&T
Our plans will work with any WCDMA 1900Mhz 3G, 4G, HSPA, HSDPA & HSPA+ enabled smartphone, tablet or USB Dongle and a Digicel SIM. You can connect a device you already own or choose from our large selection.
Prices are VAT exclusive
How do I activate a 4G plan?
There are 3 simple ways to activate a 4G plan …
- Directly from your phone (through USSD)
– Simply dial *400# to activate (prepaid or postpaid)
– BlackBerry smartphones – Simply dial *401# to activate (prepaid or postpaid)
– By visiting the “My 4G Account” Web Self Care page at www.digiceltt.com/4G/selfcare
- At any Digicel store
After activating your 4G plan, you need to ensure your phone settings are correct. This can be done by following these generic steps (specifics will vary according to device):
· In your Mobile Network Options, set the Network Mode to ‘Dual mode’, ‘3G & 2G’ or ‘GSM & WCDMA’ (depending on your handset) and NOT ‘2G only’ or ‘3G only’.
· Manually scan for available networks and select Digicel 3G or Digicel 4G option
· Restart phone and 3G, 4G, H or H+ icon displays on screen when successful
4G Web Self Care
Manage your Digicel 4G account online, 24/7:
· Buy 4G plans
· Renew / Change your current 4G plan
· Check your 4G data plan balance
· View your account details
· Top-up prepaid accounts
We’ve Got T&T Covered
Our high-speed 4G network covers most major towns across T&T and will continue to grow even bigger and more powerful. While it grows, we’ve also got you covered with our nationwide EDGE network.