Postpaid BlackBerry Options
Digicel Trinidad & Tobago brings you BlackBerry services to help you stay connected with important email and data while you're on the go. Staying connected has never been so simple. Send and receive emails, view attachments, book meetings, check your calendar, make calls from your contact list and much more from a single integrated device — BlackBerry 9300,9810,9860 or 9900. Digicel offers you two great types of BlackBerry services
BlackBerry Internet Services (BIS)
This solution is suitable if:
- Your business uses Internet-based email, such as Yahoo! or Hotmail, has POP3/IMAP email through an Internet service provider or has its own POP3/IMAP email server.
BIS Allows you:
• To setup your personal e-mail. The first time that the BIS user switches his Blackberry device on, a wizard will lead him to integrate his personal email account data in 3 simple steps.
• The user can integrate a maximum of 10 email accounts. Each of them is identified by an own icon.
• Attachment viewing capabilities as per BES.
• Personalized settings (filters, friendly names for accounts, password management) can be setup either via the mobile handset or via Digicel’s BIS web site (www.digicel.blackberry.com).
• “Pushes” e-mail from standard POP3 accounts (ISP provided, Microsoft MSN Hotmail Plus, Yahoo! Mail Plus, etc.) to a BlackBerry device. This is best for small businesses, entrepreneurs, professionals or consumers on the go.
BlackBerry Price Plans:
Postpaid Blackberry Add Ons
Rate (VAT Inclusive)
Unlimited Blackberry Blackberry Social Services;
Blackberry My Mail (30 days)
Blackberry MySocial(30 days)
* These are available as Add Ons to existing or new Price Plans ONLY; Charges outside the bundles are 2 cents / kB
How do you access BlackBerry Services?
BlackBerry handsets are available at all Flagship stores or contact Digicel Business Sales at 299-6600 or email@example.com
Visit any of our selected BlackBerry retailers to sign up for BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) if you are an individual Postpaid or Affinity Postpaid Customer.
Digicel Blackberry Social Service – Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions shall govern the relationship between Digicel (Trinidad & Tobago) Limited (hereinafter referred to as “we”, “us”, “our” and “the Company”) and the user (hereinafter referred to as “you”, “your” “the Customer”) of the Digicel Blackberry Social Service (hereinafter referred to as “the DBBS Service”) and shall constitute legal and binding obligations on the parties once you have requested the DBBS Service from your phone. These DBBS terms and conditions are supplementary to the Digicel Prepaid or Post-paid Terms and Conditions (“the Agreement”) (whichever is applicable to you) and for the purposes of these terms and conditions the DBBS Service shall be deemed to be part of the Service under the Agreement. Where any conflict arises between these terms and conditions and the Agreement with respect to the DBBS Service these terms and conditions shall prevail. We reserve the right to amend or unilaterally change the DBBS Service and/or these terms and conditions subject to notifying you of such amendments by way of advertisement in the national media, SMS/text messaging and/or our website. If the DBBS Service is used after such notice, then the amendment shall be deemed to have been accepted by you. These terms and conditions are governed by the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago.
The DBBS Service is available to both Prepaid and Post-paid Customers. However in order to subscribe to the DBBS Service:
(i) Prepaid Customers must have sufficient credit on their account to cover the subscription charges set out below; and
(ii) The Post-paid Customer’s account must be in good standing and must have an unexpired credit limit sufficient to cover the subscription charge.
Once the above are satisfied, you only need dial the USSD code *136# and then press the dial button on your handset to subscribe to the DBBS Service.
The Company’s subscription charges for the DBBS Service are as follows:
One (1) week subscription - $28.75 (VAT Inc)
One (1) month subscription - $82.00 (VAT Inc)
One (1) month subscription - $79.35 (VAT Inc)
These subscription charges also form part of the Agreement. We reserve the right to alter such subscription charges and will notify the Customer of such changes by notice in writing via advertisement in the national media, SMS text messaging and/or via our website. The subscription charges quoted are VAT inclusive.
4. Service Description
The DBBS Service includes the following:
· Blackberry-built Social Networking applications:
- Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones: A powerful and rich mobile communications experience for people on the move. With Facebook for BlackBerry smartphones, you can:
- Access your Facebook friends, send and receive messages, wall posts and pokes, snap and upload photos to a Facebook album, update and view status
- MySpace® for BlackBerry® smartphones: Get the premium mobile MySpace experience – designed for BlackBerry smartphones. With MySpace for BlackBerry smartphones, you can:
- Be automatically notified of any new MySpace Mail or new friend requests. Send MySpace Mail, post your photos, and update your Status and Mood. Check out your friends’ profile information and stay up to date on their contact details.
- Blackberry-built retail Instant Messaging applications:
- Windows Live™ Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones: IM your Windows Live Messenger contacts almost anywhere you go
- With Windows Live Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones you can: send and receive messages from almost anywhere, share photos and files, update your status, use avatars and emoticons. Plus, BlackBerry smartphone applications are designed to work together so you can call an IM contact while chatting or even check your calendar right from a chat.
- AOL Instant Messenger™ for BlackBerry® smartphones: IM your AIM Buddies almost anywhere you go
- With AIM for BlackBerry smartphones you can: send and receive messages from almost anywhere, share photos and files, update your status, use Buddy icons and emoticons. Plus, BlackBerry smartphone applications are designed to work together so you can call a Buddy while chatting or even check your calendar right from a chat.
- Yahoo!® Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones: IM your Yahoo Messenger contacts almost anywhere you go
- With Yahoo Messenger for BlackBerry smartphones you can: send and receive messages from almost anywhere, share photos, videos and documents, update your status, use avatars and emoticons. Plus, BlackBerry smartphone applications are designed to work together so you can call an IM contact while chatting or even check your calendar right from a chat.
- Google Talk™ for BlackBerry® smartphones: IM your Google Talk contacts almost anywhere you go
- With Google Talk for BlackBerry smartphones you can: send and receive messages from almost anywhere, share photos and files, update your status, use avatars and emoticons. Plus, BlackBerry smartphone applications are designed to work together so you can call an IM contact while chatting or even check your calendar right from a chat.
- ICQ® for BlackBerry smartphones: IM your ICQ Buddies almost anywhere you go
- With ICQ for BlackBerry smartphones you can: send and receive messages from almost anywhere, share photos and files, update your status, use Buddy icons and emoticons. Plus, BlackBerry smartphone applications are designed to work together so you can call a Buddy while chatting or even check your calendar right from a chat
- BlackBerry Messenger: Use BlackBerry Messenger to chat with other BlackBerry® smartphone users in an easy-to-use instant messaging format. It is designed to support group-chat, status updates, share pictures and so much more.
- SMS/text messaging
5. Service Period
The relevant service period shall begin to run from the time of day that the Customer is activated. For instance, if the monthly DBBS Service is activated at 9:00 a.m. the DBBS Service will be deactivated at 8:59 a.m thirty (30) days later. You will also receive one (1) SMS/text message within the last forty-eight (48) hours preceding the expiration time for your DBBS Service to remind you of the expiration date.
Digicel’s Data Roaming rates, as amended from time to time, will apply when the Customer is roaming. For avoidance of all doubt, the subscription charges for the DBBS Service only apply to usage in Trinidad & Tobago.
Subscription charges for the DBBS Service will be deducted from the Customer’s prepaid account balance or charged to their Post-paid account when the Customer subscribes to the DBBS Service. If there is an insufficient credit balance on a Prepaid account, where a Post-paid account is not in good standing or where the unexpired credit limit on a Post-paid account would not cover the subscription charge then the DBBS Service will not be activated.
8. Customer Obligations
In addition to the obligations under the Agreement, you agree to:
A) Abide by all these terms and conditions of use of the DBBS Service as outlined herein;
B) Comply with laws and regulations governing the Digicel network and the DBBS Service;
C) Utilize the DBBS Service for personal use only and not for commercial and/or business purposes;
D) Immediately report and confirm in writing, loss, theft, damage of handset and/or SIM Card preventing your use of the DBBS Service;
E) Comply with all reasonable requests by us, or others on our behalf, particularly in relation to the investigation of fraud or other offences or as required by law or in legal proceedings. Should the Company deem it necessary to enforce its rights hereunder in any legal action you will reimburse the Company for all costs and expenses including reasonable attorney’s fees as a result of such legal action.
9. The Customer understands that the DBBS Service is subject to the availability, proper functioning and operation of the Blackberry Network over which Digicel has no control over and as such:
A) If the Customer has a Blackberry device that is locked to another network, Digicel will be unable to provide the DBBS Service to that Customer.
B) If the Customer has an unlocked Blackberry device from another telecommunications provider with an email account already setup on that network, the customer will not be able to set up a new email account on the DBBS Service. As such, the customer may not be able to receive his or her email directly on the Blackberry device (i.e. his or her email may not be accessible from the Message icon). The customer will be able to receive email by using the Internet Browser to directly access the website of the respective Email Service Providers (e.g. browsing for Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo). All other Blackberry Services will be provided.
C) In the event that the Blackberry Network fees are increased, Digicel reserves the right to increase the cost of the DBBS Service, however Digicel will notify the Customer beforehand, such notification may be by way of advertisement in the national media, SMS text messaging and/or our website.
D) The Customer will not hold Digicel liable in any way for the unavailability or reduced quality of the DBBS Service due to the Blackberry Network malfunctioning or being unavailable or not operational for any reason whatsoever.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What does this product offer?
· This product offers flexibility for Blackberry device owners to use selected functionalities of the Blackberry handheld device.
· It provides consumers’ access to popular social networking and instant messaging applications they value, on a smartphone they want and at a price they can afford.
· It is a communications focused service tier for those who rely on SMS, Social Networking and instant messaging to stay in touch with those that matter to them.
2. What does Blackberry Social include?
· RIM-built Social Networking applications:
- Facebook® for BlackBerry® smartphones
- MySpace® for BlackBerry® smartphones
- RIM-built retail Instant Messaging applications:
- Windows Live™ Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones:
- AOL Instant Messenger™ for BlackBerry® smartphones:
- Yahoo!® Messenger for BlackBerry® smartphones:
- Google Talk™ for BlackBerry® smartphones:
- ICQ® for BlackBerry smartphones:
- BlackBerry Messenger:
- Carrier offered SMS package
3. What does the BlackBerry Social Networking Bundle not include?
- Email functionality – either hosted or integrated
- Internet Browser functionality
- NOTE: To enable browsing for the Facebook “Go to Mobile Site” feature users will have access to a constrained browser.
4. How do I set up?
HOW IT WORKS:
- Prepaid or Postpaid customer dial *136#
- Prepaid or Postpaid customers will get the welcome messages below:
- Prepaid and Postpaid customer welcome message:
o Welcome to the Digicel BlackBerry Service. We have 3 types of service plans for you to choose from. Instructions on how to activate a plan will follow in the next message. For additional details on the 3 types of Blackberry service plans text BB to 247 at NO COST.
- Prepaid instructional message:
(All prices VAT Inclusive)
To activate plan Unlimited Blackberry (7 days)at a cost of $57.50 TTD dial *136*10#
To activate plan Unlimited Blackberry (14 days)at a cost of $109.25 TTD dial *136*20#
To activate plan Unlimited Blackberry (30 days)at a cost of $207 TTD dial *136*30#
To activate plan Unlimited Blackberry (1 day)at a cost of $14.38 TTD dial *136*40#
To activate plan Blackberry My Mail (30 days) at a cost of $92.00 TTD dial *136*60#
To activate plan Blackberry My Mail (7 days) at a cost of $25.00 TTD dial *136*50#
To activate plan Blackberry Social(7 days) at a cost of $28.75 TTD dial *136*70#
To activate plan Blackberry Social(30 days) at a cost of $92.00 TTD dial *136*80#
Postpaid instructional message:
To activate plan Unlimited Blackberry (30 days)at a cost of $224.99 TTD dial *136*30#
To activate plan Blackberry My Mail (30 days) at a cost of $79.35 TTD dial *136*60#
To activate plan Blackberry Social(30 days) at a cost of $79.35 TTD dial *136*80#
All prices VAT Inclusive
BlackBerry Social service plan
5. What the major difference is between: and Blackberry My Mail service plan?
· Blackberry Social offers users’ access to the RIM built Social Networking sites (Facebook and MySpace). BlackBerry My Mail Bundle does not include the ability to use the RIM-built Social Networking applications, as they require the BIS browser.
Note: Blackberry Social includes a modified Internet Browser that only provides users with the ability to use the two RIM-built Social Networking applications. As with BlackBerry My Mail, Blackberry Social users cannot browse the open Internet.
6. What is the major difference between: Blackberry Social and Unlimited Blackberry Service plan?
- The Blackberry plan offers users both email (hosted & integrated) plus the BlackBerry browser (or access to the browser transport for services like the BlackBerry App World storefront). Blackberry Social does not include either of these features
7. Can you explain the difference amongst Blackberry My Mail, Blackberry Social and Unlimited Blackberry Service Plans
Blackberry Social Service Plan
Blackberry My Mail Service Plan
Unlimited Blackberry Service Plan
Instant Messaging Applications
Access to My-Space & Facebook/*SN Application
| || |
8. Can both Pre-Paid and Post-Paid customers sign up for this plan?
· Yes, this service is available to both Postpaid and Pre-Paid customers.
9. How much does it cost to use the Blackberry Social service?
Blackberry Social (1 week)
Blackberry Social (1 month)
10. What if I have an existing BB plan, can I sign up for this?
· No, even if you have exhausted your bundle in the instance where you have bundled data for your BB ( postpaid customers), you will not be able to subscribe for this service.
· Customers will receive an error message indicating such upon an attempt to subscribe for the service.
11. Is there a daily/weekly/monthly subscription for these service/s?
· Prepaid customers can subscribe a one week /30 day period however, postpaid customers can only subscribe for a 30 day period.
12. Can I use bonus credit to activate the services?
· No, customers are unable to use your bonus credit to activate the service.
13. Will I be charged regular roaming rates while travelling and subscribed to this plan?
· Yes, regular data roaming rates will apply.
14. Can I deactivate my package any time during the 30 day period?
· No, your plan will remain active for a 30 day period
15. Am I charged for WEB browsing while using Blackberry My Mail?
· Customers will not be able to browse the WEB.
16. Am I charged for accessing my email account once I sign up for Blackberry Social?
- Customers will not have access to email accounts while using BlackBerry Social. See table in question #7
17. What if I don’t have sufficient credit on my account; will the system give me a grace period in which I should top up to continue my registration process?
- No, once you don’t have sufficient credit on your account you will not be able to activate the service.
18. Is the service automatically renewed every month?
· No, the service will not be automatically renewed every 30 days. Each month customers will need to restart the process at the end of the 30 day subscription period.