1. What is the Prepaid Weekend Pass?
Prepaid Weekend Passes (PWP) will allow customers to sign up for a special weekend plan with unlimited local Digicel minutes and/or text messages.
Prepaid customers would be able to sign up for PWP anytime during the week and take advantage of the special weekend plan.
2. How does it work?
1. Customer decides which of the two Prepaid weekend Pass plans (e.g. voice, voice & text,) that they want to add to their prepaid plan
2. Customer dials the self service USSD string associated with the chosen Prepaid Weekend Plan
3. The system will check the customers’ account to ensure they have enough funds in account
4. Customer will receive a response from the application via an SMS to choose the Prepaid Weekend Plan they would like to select
5. The weekend pass will last for 7 days from the time of activation, but will ONLY be applicable during the weekend
Eg 1 - If a customer signs up on Monday, they will have their Prepaid Weekend pass for the coming Saturday and Sunday.
Eg 2 - If customer signs up on Saturday at 11:05pm, they will have the weekend pass for that weekend plus the following weekend up to Saturday at 11:04pm
3. Can I renew my Prepaid Weekend Pass at any time?
Yes, you can subscribe for the Prepaid weekend Pass plan even if the plan has not expired. Note that the system will not deduct any funds from the subscriber’s account until their existing prepaid weekend plan has expired.
Please note that the plan is renewed only when the current expiration date is reached. It is only at this time that the subscriber is charged, therefore if the customer renewed plan before expiration date and uses credit from his/her account after renewing at this time; he/she will not be automatically be renewed
4. What are the two plans available for prepaid customers?
We have two options available for prepaid customers who wish to join the Prepaid Weekend Pass plan:
1. Unlimited Local Digicel weekend voice minutes
2. Unlimited Local Digicel weekend voice minutes and text
5. Can I call bmobile/ landline numbers with this plan?
No, this plan only applies for Digicel numbers. Therefore customers can only call or call and text Digicel numbers with the prepaid weekend pass plan.
6. What if I sign up for the Prepaid Weekend Pass on Thursday, when can I start using my plan?
The Prepaid Weekend Plan is only available on weekends, i.e. from midnight Friday to Midnight Sunday, hence customers can only take advantage of the plan on weekends despite they’ve signed up for the plan during the week.
Note: If customer signs up on Thursday 8th October his/her plan will expire on Thursday 15th October and he/she can only take advantage of the plan from midnight Friday 16th – Midnight Sunday 18th October. After this period the customer will not be able to benefit from the plan as the plan will expire on Thursday 15th.
7. Can both Digicel Day and Digicel Night subscribers benefit from this promotion?
Yes, both Digicel day and Digicel night subscribers can benefit from this promotion.
8. Will Call Meh on mi Digi/FREE After 3 / Free Nights be applicable with my plan?
No, since the weekend is unlimited these promotions will not affect the free weekend minutes.
9. Will I be notified before my plan expires?
Yes, 1 hour prior to expiration customers will receive an SMS indicating this. See sample message below:
Your subscription to the ^PLAN_NAME^ plan will expire on ^EXPIRE_DATE^. To extend your subscription dial *^USSD_CODE^*1*^SELECTION_CODE^#.
10. Will the 10 cent text promotion be applicable to my plan?
No, since you have unlimited text, the 10 cent text promotion will not apply once the customer signs up for the unlimited voice and text messages plan, however, if he/she signs up for the Unlimited voice minutes only then he/she can take advantage of the 10 cent text promotion.
11. Can I use any of my unlimited Digicel text for your text to win promotion?
No, you are unable to use your unlimited text messages for our text to win promotion
12. Can I use any of my unlimited text to send messages to your rising Star number?
No, you can’t use your unlimited text for sending messages to our Rising Stars number.
13. Can I use my bonus credit to apply for my Prepaid weekend Pass?
No, you are only able to use bonus credit for voice calls only. Customers will not be able to use their bonus credit to subscribe for the Prepaid weekend pass
14. Can I subscribe for Prepaid weekend Pass if I receive credit via Credit U service?
Yes, customers can subscribe for the Prepaid Weekend Pass plan if they have received credit via the Credit U service.
15. While roaming can I take advantage of my plan?
• A Prepaid Weekend Pass (“PWP”) will allow Digicel Prepaid Customers (“Customers”, “Prepaid Customers” or “you” and “your” is to be construed accordingly) to make unlimited calls to any local Digicel number on weekends falling with a seven (7) day subscription period (“the subscription period”).
• All Prepaid Customers on Prepaid Day and Prepaid Night Plans are eligible to subscribe to PWP’s.
• To subscribe to a PWP you must have sufficient credit on your account to cover the charges set out below. Once your account has the necessary credit, you only need to dial the USSD code *150# and then press the dial button on your handset. You will then receive a SMS/text message with instructions on selecting a plan either:
o for unlimited calls to other local Digicel numbers for $25.00 VAT inclusive; or
o for unlimited calls and SMS/text messages to other local Digicel numbers for $35.00 VAT inclusive.
Both of the above plans will be valid for use on weekends falling with the seven (7) days from the time of your subscription to the PWP, subject to the terms and conditions set out below.
• The PWP will expire on the seventh (7th) day following your subscription and at the same time of your subscription unless you renew that PWP subscription in the same manner as described above. The renewal subscription may be requested during an ongoing seven (7) day period under an existing PWP by following the same steps above. However the renewal PWP will not be charged or take effect until the expiration of the current seven (7) day period under the existing PWP. You must have sufficient credit on your account to cover the renewal subscription at the end of the current seven (7) day period in order for the renewal subscription to take effect.
• Prepaid Customers will also receive one (1) SMS/text message one (1) hour prior to the expiration time for your PWP reminding you that the PWP will expire in that time and giving you instructions on renewing the subscription.
• PWP’s are offered for the personal use of individuals and not commercial use or usage by groups of individuals. Any usage at all by an individual that in Digicel’s sole discretion is intended for financial gain or profit by you or by groups of individuals will result in the immediate termination of the particular PWP.
• Customers are free to opt out of any PWP at any time by calling any Customer Care Agent at 399-9999. There is no USSD code to unsubscribe. Also there shall be no refund of the subscription charges for the PWP where a Customer opts out of the subscription. Whenever you opt out of a PWP, it will only cease at the end of the relevant seven (7) day period.
• Unused benefits under any PWP will NOT roll over after the seven (7) day period.
• In addition, Digicel and you agree that Digicel reserves the right to terminate any PWP forthwith if in our sole opinion it is being abused, such abuse to include but not be limited to:-
o any usage in excess of 1,000 minutes per weekend in voice calls,
o any usage by group(s) of individuals,
o circuits being used for data transmission and/or non-voice communication,
o installation of any SIM cards being used in a PBX/switchboard,
o general abuse intended to undermine the mobile telecommunications network or services provided by Digicel, and
o any other ground for suspension or termination under Clause 16 of Digicel’s Prepaid Terms and Conditions.